Wednesday, March 28, 2012
New Discoveries Playschool is more than a traditional daycare
program. New Discoveries is a family success community.
What does that
It means that we see ourselves as having a long-term support
partnership with families. To us, the first step is recognizing that
like it or not, parents need to work. The second step; we know that one
of the most difficult decisions parents face is determining who will
care for their child while they work. We know how easy it is to become
overwhelmed and frustrated by the questions, concerns, hopes and
expectations that come with making this decision.
- Do you care for infants?
- Can I stop by and visit
during the day?
- Will working be worth it?
- Can a flexible schedule be accommodated?
Hopes such as:
- The person who
cares for my child will be nurturing and trustworthy.
- There will be
engaging activities each day.
- Finding a safe
environment that is clean and inviting.
- Professionals with clear background checks and
ongoing professional training in Early Childhood Education.
The third step in being a family success community is three fold. 1.) knowing the questions 2.) knowing the answers and 3.) taking the time to design a program dedicated to your family's needs.
Our answers to parent's queries:
- Yes, we have a program dedicated to infants. We have a 3:1 ratio which means your baby will receive one-on-one, nurturing care
- Yes, you can stop by and visit during the day. Call us 1st and we
will coordinate with you. We will make sure, for example, that your
child is not napping so that you can spend time together, rather than
missing a chance to connect. Many moms, over the years, have planned
their post-maternity work schedule to be able to nurse their infants
during the day. We have a quiet place set aside just for you
- Yes, working will be worth it. Studies show that families that
invest in early childhood education see an improvement in their child's
long-term success. Children who receive good early education earn, on
average, $36,000.00 more per year than children who do not. Not only
that, with our reasonable rateswe save you $15,000.00 over 5 years for
one child and $38,000.00 for two childrenover what you would spend in many other programs.
- Yes, we have a flexible schedule system. Our system sets us apart from centers who only charge full-time and part-time tuition.
- Yes, the person who
cares for your child will be nurturing and trustworthy. Our hiring process is designed to identify the characteristics that your child needs in a teacher.
- Yes, there will be
engaging activities each day. Our teachers write their own curriculum and our administrative staff review it each and collaborate with teachers each week to ensure the quality of activities.
- Yes, it is our goal to provide a safe
environment that is clean and inviting. In fact, one of the most frequent comments we receive from parents is "we love how clean your school is."
- Yes, a Clear background check is a requirement for all staff members at New Discoveries Playschool. This year alone our staff have completed over 53 hours of
ongoing professional training in Early Childhood Education. That means our staff spend at least 1 hour per week dedicated to improving their knowledge as educators.
In short, our goal is to be the best partner you could wish to have.